Bay Area Venture Capitalist Bruce Cleveland wants startups to move to Bend, Oregon so he can incubate them. A panelist at the October 2013 Bend Venture Conference, Cleveland is asking for tech companies to submit a compelling story about their startup and why they would move to Bend. Read more in the Pando Daily article.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP GROWS IN BEND
BEND VENTURE CONFERENCE GALLERY 2013
|Photos by Marissa Chappell Hossick|
At Bend's iconic Tower Theatre on October 18th, a sold out crowd of 425 attendees enjoyed BVC pitches, networking, and a gorgeous fall day. And the winners are:
- Paola Moretto of Nouvola, which offers performance analytics for the cloud, won the $250,000 BVC investment.
- A side car deal earned Craig Langer, founder of The Flybook, $73,000 and counting; the company provides streamlined, real-time management of reservations and back-office activities for the outdoor industry.
- Founder Sam Lambert of Prineville-based Ochoco Arms, with its multi-laser sighting system that turns a shotgun into a precision instrument, won the $10,000 BendBroadband Concept Stage award.
- Syndical won Palo Alto Software's LivePlan competition with a $1,500 prize.
- IDEAL Equine Gear went on to Startup Weekend Bend to be named the winner of this 54-hour event.
Serial entrepreneur and Lean Startup movement founder Steve Blank delivered an inspiring and insightful "fireside chat", moderated by Dino Vendetti, Managing Partner of Seven Peaks Ventures, one of Central Oregon's newest funding vehicles.
Check out these videos from the City of Bend!
|Tech entrepreneurs from Manzama, Droplr, JettStream, and ziPede discuss how the Bend business community and lifestyle support their startups.||"Brew, Bio, Rec, Tech" captures the region's essence. Hear from a wide variety of CEOs from startups to established companies, on the advantages of doing business here.|
Learn more about the Lean StartupWe're huge advocates of the Lean approach to startups. On this Resources page are organizations and articles about Lean, as well as helpful info for entrepreneurs in general.