Over 400 attendees, 50 prominent investors and 65 companies join us for a celebration of entrepreneurship and innovation. Record investment, awards and prizes of over $1 million opened the opportunity for multiple winners at the 2014 conference!
|Photos by Marissa Chappell Hossick|
2014 Conference Highlights
At Bend's iconic Tower Theatre on October 17th, a sold out crowd of over 400 attendees enjoyed 11 company pitches and great networking. The winners are:
- Adam Carroll of Amplion Research, which provides pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies strategic control of the complete clinical biomarkers landscape, won a $250,000 BVC LLC investment and a $150,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures.
- Kirk Thornby of poachedjobs.com, a hiring platform for industries with high turnover rates, won a $100,000 BVC LLC investment.
- Ray Costantini of Bright.md, which lets primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient remote care, won a $100,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures.
- Tore Steen of CrowdStreet, a crowdfunding platform connecting accredited investors with high quality professionally managed investment real estate also won a $100,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures and a $50,000 Fire Starter Marketing Program Award from Mandala.
- Founders Jimmy and Shannon Sbarra of Bend-based Volcano Veggies, with its proprietary aquaponic system that grow organic fish and vegetables year-round won the won the $10,000 BendBroadband Concept Stage award and the Palo Alto Software LivePlan award of $1,500.
- Rob Little of Cairn, who introduces outdoor enthusiasts to new brands while also collecting market data for the companies they work with won a $15,000 Fire Starter Marketing Program Award from Mandala.
What are past BVC winner's up to? Watch the video:
*Bend Venture cannot guarantee that investments will be made in any specific amount, because the final amounts to be awarded are dependent on investment commitments received from third party investors and the ability of the winning companies and the investors to agree on the terms and conditions of the investment.