The Bend Venture Conference is in its 11th year and is the largest Angel Conference in the Pacific Northwest. Over 400 attendees, 50 prominent investors and 65 companies join us for a celebration of entrepreneurship and innovation. Record investment, awards and prizes in 2014 of over $900,000 opened the opportunity for multiple winners at the conference! Further more the audience vote decides the best concept stage company to win a $10k cash prize from BendBroadband.*
|Photos by Marissa Chappell Hossick|
Did you miss the 2014 BVC? Don't fear! You can re-watch it here!
2014 Conference Highlights
At Bend's iconic Tower Theatre on October 17th, a sold out crowd of over 400 attendees enjoyed 11 company pitches and great networking. The winners are:
- Adam Carroll of Amplion Research, which provides pharmaceutical and diagnostics companies strategic control of the complete clinical biomarkers landscape, won a $250,000 BVC LLC investment and a $150,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures.
- Kirk Thornby of poachedjobs.com, a hiring platform for industries with high turnover rates, won a $100,000 BVC LLC investment.
- Ray Costantini of Bright.md, which lets primary care providers deliver remarkably efficient remote care, won a $100,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures.
- Tore Steen of CrowdStreet, a crowdfunding platform connecting accredited investors with high quality professionally managed investment real estate also won a $100,000 investment from Seven Peaks Ventures and a $50,000 Fire Starter Marketing Program Award from Mandala.
- Founders Jimmy and Shannon Sbarra of Bend-based Volcano Veggies, with its proprietary aquaponic system that grow organic fish and vegetables year-round won the won the $10,000 BendBroadband Concept Stage award and the Palo Alto Software LivePlan award of $1,500.
- Rob Little of Cairn, who introduces outdoor enthusiasts to new brands while also collecting market data for the companies they work with won a $15,000 Fire Starter Marketing Program Award from Mandala.
Entrepreneurship Grows in Bend
Ever wonder what resources exist in Central Oregon for startups? Watch this video with former EDCO Venture Catalyst Jim Coonan for an overview of Central Oregon's growing ecosystem.
2013 Conference Highlights
Serial entrepreneur and Lean Startup movement founder Steve Blank delivered an inspiring and insightful "fireside chat", moderated by Dino Vendetti, Managing Partner of Seven Peaks Ventures, one of Central Oregon's newest funding vehicles.
Check out these videos from the City of Bend!
|Tech entrepreneurs from Manzama, Droplr, JettStream, and ziPede discuss how the Bend business community and lifestyle support their startups.||"Brew, Bio, Rec, Tech" captures the region's essence. Hear from a wide variety of CEOs from startups to established companies, on the advantages of doing business here.|
Learn more about the Lean StartupWe're huge advocates of the Lean approach to startups. On this Resources page are organizations and articles about Lean, as well as helpful info for entrepreneurs in general.
*Bend Venture cannot guarantee that investments will be made in any specific amount, because the final amounts to be awarded are dependent on investment commitments received from third party investors and the ability of the winning companies and the investors to agree on the terms and conditions of the investment.