PubTalk Concept Stage Companies 2013
PubTalk Audience Selects Concept Stage Finalists to Compete at BVC
A dozen Concept Stage companies pitched to a turn-away crowd at PubTalk at McMenamins on September 26th. The enthusiastic PubTalk audience included entrepreneurs, investors, and members of Central Oregon professional and business community.
The following five entrepreneurs below were selected to compete in BVC’s BendBroadband Concept Award for a $10,000 cash award which will be decided by audience vote at the October 18th event. In alphabetical order, the five Concept stage finalists selected are:
- Axis Mundi (Piper Lucas) seeks to manufacture collapsible,durable, expandable, insulated, safe structures to meet the growing need for temporary housing.
- IDEAL Equine Gear (Kelly Barnett) develops equine gear to save the legs and lives ofequine athletes.
- Ochoco Arms (Sam Lambert)patented multi laser sighting system increases target acquisition abilities andturns a shotgun into a precision instrument.
- OnBoard Dynamics (Rita Hansen, JeffWitwer, Dr. Chris Hagen) technology permits a vehicle owner to refuel at a homeor business with natural gas costing less than $2.00 per gallon.
- TurboPup (Kristina Guerrero) allows dog owners totravel light with complete meal bars for active dogs.
Concept Stage Review Before PubTalk
Expert panelists have selected the following twelve companies that will go on to compete at the September 26th PubTalk. This is after reviewing 28 concept stage companies and nearly thirty hours of review with an expert panel of 10 individuals.
The PubTalk event is a critical point on the path to the Bend Venture Conference (BVC) held on October 18th. After the twelve semifinalists present, each Pub
Talk attendee ranks the companies and five are selected to go to BVC.
In alphabetical order, the twelve semifinalists are: